The Bel Air Cultural Arts Commission coordinates programs and events within the Town of Bel Air in cooperation with the Harford County Cultural Arts Board, the Bel Air Downtown Alliance, the Economic and Community Development Commission, Maryland Center for the Arts and other organizations. Their projects seek to enhance the Arts and Entertainment District and bring added value to the residents and visitors of the Town of Bel Air.
The Cultural Arts Commission seeks to sponsor the rental of the Bel Air Armory for arts-related events. If you are a non-profit organization located in Harford County that would like to hold an arts-related event in the Bel Air Armory and would be interested in a sponsorship from the Town of Bel Air Cultural Arts Commission, please contact Angela Robertson at email@example.com or 410-838-0584.
Past Sponsorships and Projects:
- Irishman’s Chorale concert annually in March
- Pre-movie entertainment for the Summer Movies in Shamrock Park
- First Prize for the Maryland Center for the Arts Quick Draw Competition annually in the fall
- Town of Bel Air Christmas Parade and Tuba Christmas annually in December
- Sponsorships of the Armory rental fee for Authors and Artists, Wyeth on Wyeth with Harford Artists Association, Cinderella with Ballet Chesapeake, Highland Echoes, Barns: A Retrospective with Maryland Center for the Arts, and Take a Chance on Art with Harford Artists Association to name a few
- Commissioning and installation of The Door sculpture on Kenmore Avenue, the Bobcat sculpture at Bel Air High School, the Heart of Harford sculpture at Town Hall, the Art Works! and Champions of Courage murals at Armory Marketplace.
In keeping with its mission, the CAC offers sponsorships for the fabrication and installation of temporary and permanent public art pieces for the community. More information about the program can be found in the Public Art Sponsorship Incentive Program Guidelines. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed at the CAC meeting following the application submission.
The CAC also offers sponsorships to offset the cost of the Bel Air Armory rental fee for arts related events by non-profit arts-related organizations in Harford County. More information about the program can be found in the Performing and Visual Arts Sponsorship Program Guidelines. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed at the CAC meeting following the application submission.
Current Commission Members:
Kristien Foss, Chair Sandy Schlehr, Vice Chair
Jeanne Close Pat Fielder
Brigitte Grubb Nicki Jergensen
Carole Milan Jessica Valis