The Bel Air Cultural Arts Commission coordinates programs and events within the Town of Bel Air in cooperation with the Harford County Cultural Arts Board, the Bel Air Downtown Alliance, the Economic and Community Development Commission, Maryland Center for the Arts and other organizations. Their projects seek to enhance the Arts and Entertainment District and bring added value to the residents and visitors of the Town of Bel Air.
The Cultural Arts Commission seeks to sponsor the rental of the Bel Air Armory for arts-related events. If you are a non-profit organization located in Harford County that would like to hold an arts-related event in the Bel Air Armory and would be interested in a sponsorship from the Town of Bel Air Cultural Arts Commission, please contact Angela Robertson at email@example.com or 410-838-0584.
Sponsorships and Projects:
- Irishman’s Chorale concert annually in March
- Pre-movie entertainment for the Summer Movies in Shamrock Park
- First Prize for the Maryland Center for the Arts Quick Draw Competition annually in October
- Opening Night of the Town of Bel Air Film Festival annually in October
- Town of Bel Air Christmas Parade and Tuba Christmas annually in December
- Cinderella at the Bel Air Armory in partnership with Ballet Chesapeake
- Commissioning and installation of The Door sculpture on Kenmore Avenue, the Bobcat sculpture at Bel Air High School, the Heart of Harford sculpture at Town Hall and the Arts and Entertainment District mural at Armory Marketplace and the Champions of Courage mural at Armory Marketplace.
Current Commission Members:
Kristien Foss, Chair Sandy Schlehr, Vice Chair
Jeanne Close Pat Fielder
Brigitte Grubb Cheryl Manns
Carole Milan Pat Riley